ECO-SANDWICH® – Energy Efficient, Recycled Concrete Sandwich Facade Panel
- ventilated prefabricated wall panel utilising recycled CDW and mineral wool produced using innovative and sustainable Ecose® technology for reduction of primary energy consumption in building stock.
Objectives of the project
- Encourage the re-use and recycling of construction and demolition waste (CDW) in order to shift CDW management from disposal to recycling and reduce utilization of natural resources thus preventing landscape degradation
- Promote the substitution of conventional thermal insulation materials by mineral wool produced using innovative and sustainable technology, leading to a reduced environmental impact
- Promote implementation of prefabricated, energy efficient products in order to enable reduction of primary energy consumption in residential and commercial buildings
- Reduce embodied energy, embodied carbon and production of by-product wastes
- Ability to recycle ECO-SANDWICH® panel at the end of its life
- Modernise the production line making it capable of producing the ECO-SANDWICH® as well as to develop marketing strategy for the introduction of a new, eco-innovative product
- Development of a marketing strategy for the introduction of an innovative, environmentally friendly and sustainable product
- Set up a mechanism to exploit across Europe
- Project ECO-SANDWICH® was supported by 16 relevant institutions in Croatia, including two relevant Ministries (Republic of Croatia, Ministry of Environment and Nature Protection and Republic of Croatia, Ministry of Construction and Physical Planning), city of Koprivnica and city of Samobor, associations of relevant stakeholders, international energy agencies (ABEA, SOFENA), University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Architecture, the Regional Environmental Center in Romania and in Croatia.
- Project funded by the European Commission within the framework of CIP-EIP-Eco-Innovation 2011 Programme.